Here I Am
Let me be Your hands and feet
Care for those in need
Let me be Your answer to the lost
In You there is no hopelessness,
I'll be found in You
When I speak Your name the mountain bow
Here I am Lord use me
Here I am Spirit fill me
I will lay down my cause to see Your Kingdom come
Here I am come change me,
Mould my heart Lord break me
I will be a blessing to love as You first Loved me
You've won my heart
Lord I will be all You want me to be
I will win the nations
Lord I can be the difference
Little did i realise that the lyrics of a song i wrote would impact me in such a profound way. I just attended a meeting where an International Needs Sponsor child Sherwin spoke of his experiences growing up in a poverty stricken slum where there was only hopeless and despair. As a 9 year old he was discovered by the IN Philippines director & together with 59 other kids from the slum became sponsored and were given an education & received the message of Christ. A family from Australia sponsored this child, he came to know the Lord when he was 13 and was also given the privilege of receiving a university education. For poverty stricken homes, education is one of the ways to break the vicious cycle of poverty. Including himself he had 8 siblings and at 18 while studying at Uni his parents decided to abandon the family. Life only grew tougher & he told of how the Lord provided miraculously on many occasions for him and his family. He said that "Jesus Christ is the only HOPE for the people" those words resonated in my Spirit because it occurred to me that the truth & hope of the gospel is the only way that communities can be transformed. While money is important, you could be the wealthiest person alive & not be filled with God's hope, you could live amongst poverty & still be contented.
This meeting really encouraged me once again to use my gifts for His purpose because the truth is, the only difference between me and a person who is born in a slum is that i happened to be born in Singapore. I was born into a family that was able to provide for me, what have i done to deserve this life? I am not downplaying my up-bringing but what i am saying is that the life that God gave to be was purposed for me to be a blessing. I was reminded once again that the remaining bunch of unsold cds sitting in my room are meant to be sold so that I can donate it to people who need the money more than I. As Brooke Fraser aptly sung "Now that I have seen, I am responsible" God break my heart once again so that i can be a light to the nations. Let me be responsible with my gifts so that many can be blessed! I want to go on a missions trip next year so that I can see first hand what God is doing in the nations & to gain a deeper perspective of His heart! Let us decide today to make a difference in someone else's life!
No comments:
Post a Comment