"He must become greater & I must become less John 3:30"
Humility is something I believe God is constantly dealing with me in my life. In ministry, music you name it humility must be my motivation in all i do. As i was digging into the word i began to consider John the baptist. The one who wrote those words. A prophet called by God to prepare the way for Jesus. What a huge task he had! He had followers, he had disciples & some pple even thought he was the Messiah.
Put yourself in John's shoes. Basically he was the man of the hour wasn't he? When God puts us in places & positions of authority, God watches our hearts. I love that verse, "Man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart." This is how Kingdom values & principles work, it is not based on man's understanding. This is a verse i forget constantly & it is my heart's cry to really carry the heartbeat of God in humility. I was so ministered by that bridge from the song For this cause: "All i want is, all i want is You" This is my heart cry Lord that You may be greater & I become less in EVERYTHING I do! So whether or not i am singing on stage, or writing that next song may my hearts desire be only for God to be greater & I become less.
Bless ya,
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment